Revelation chapter five verses 11 and 12 tell of seven blessings which Jesus received at his resurrection. 11And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
Each of these blessings is addressed elsewhere in scripture:
1) POWER: Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All power is given to me in heaven and in earth.
Jesus is the righteous Judge because he has been where we are now. He has walked in our shoes and overcome so he is qualified to judge us according to the word of God.
2) RICHES: Luke 4:6-7 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, showed to him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6And the devil said to him, All this power will I give you, and the glory of them: for that is delivered to me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
Jesus knew than this was true but satan's possession is only a temporary thing.
Revelation 11: 13 says:
15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
3) WISDOM: Colossians 2:2-3 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4) STRENGTH: Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel to him from heaven, strengthening him.
God gave him supernatural strength to go through the trials he endured on the earth, and will strengthen you also.
5) HONOR: Philippians 2: 9-11 9Why God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
6) GLORY John 16:14-15 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it to you. 15All things that the Father has are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it to you.
7) BLESSING Mark 1:11 11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, You are my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mark 11:9-10 9And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord 10Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that comes in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
Blog has been viewed (104) times.