From the Associated Press: "the White House said Monday that the Internal Revenue Service engaged in a good faith effort to find lost emails from an IRS official"
This was in response to the announcement Friday from the IRS that Lois Lerners emails between 2009 and 2012 have been lost. Particularly were the emails between Lois Lerner and the White House during this period.
This is a lie. There is no doubt this is a lie being told by the White House and the IRS
HERE IS WHY THIS IS A LIE
The US Government is required by law to keep all emails in a minimum of five backups.
1. The emails should be on the computer of the employee
2. They should be kept on the Email server for that employee group.
3. There is a backup daily on disk of the email server
4. There is a backup monthly on disk of the email server
5. Each daily and monthly backup are copied to tape weekly
In addition, when two government employees email each other, that email should be in 10 places, the sender and their backups and the receiver and their backups. If an email is Bcc'd or CC'd then this number applies to each recipient. Most emails issued by the US Government use a cc.
Our president says there was not a smidgen of corruption in the IRS. He lied. If you want to win an election, dry up the money and resources of your opponent. This is what the IRS did for the democrats in 2012
Blog has been viewed (461) times.