Cannot wait to see how Faux News spins it. The first speed bump we hit in the roll out is always the bump that alerts you. Getting over it lets us know there may be more, but they will eventually end and we will get to where we are going.
The Right will continue to resist, especially in the Red States but we will get thru it.
Knowing the truth is hard business, I've tried my best to confirm that the CBO estimated the 7M enrollees by the end of March 2014 unsuccessfully; I searched for over 50 minutes with negative results however I did find this prediction:
To include this explanation from J. Carney:
Please set the record straight and post the 7M prediction by the CBO?
Per your request Funk
Great research PN, thank you. I just don't understand why politicians just leave you hanging in the wind sometimes. If that were me being asked the question I would have elaborated that view 7 million enrollees by the end of March 2014 just as the CBO estimated in May 2013. End of that debate.
A Republican state senator in Georgia bucks his party and fights for Medicaid expansion. http://bit.ly/1g4RbcH
now the rest of the story
This is old news! This story was written in January and the information is outdated. Obamacare is the law of the land and it's here to stay. Have a good night.
if it was as good as they want you to believe it is they wouldn't keep postponing the bad parts of it until after the elections. when the cost really kick in, then say how great it is.
I am at the point that I have conceded that the pro-obamacare advocates will continue to latch on to any semblance of a positive statistic and continue to discount the naysayers regardless of the FACTS of the situation. It seems that the 13% that actually benefit from this travesty far outweigh the burden and hardship it has placed on the other 87%. Jimmy you are right about one thing; the train will keep on rolling but I strongly suspect that the train wreck is close behind leaving the taxpayer to clean up the mess.
Ok , PN since this is the law of the land the people want to know this and I'm sure you will agree because you seek the truth too.
1. How many of the 6M enrollees previously had insurance and was forced into Obamacare?
2.How many have paid?
3.How many are the young and healthy that are needed for it to work?
4.How many were on Medicaid?
5.How many got subsidies?
These are the 5 questions that you have to answer before you can how many new people came into the system.
Thanks in Advance!
gacpl - you are absolutely correct; and Funky - you are asking the correct questions. I don't trust the administration's numbers. There is too much at stake for the Obama administration to expect them to be totally HONEST about the numbers when they have been so dishonest about the program itself for the past five years.
My prediction: ObamaCare will not be repealed, but eventually it will be so significantly altered, changed, amended and tweaked, that it will look EXACTLY like the healthcare revisions the Republicans have been suggesting all along.
Meanwhile, the American people, our economy, and society as a whole has been put through a huge boatload of unnecessary pain and suffering. The numbers of people who have been HURT by the program will continue to increase exponentially. It probably won't result in repeal of the program, but it will be a tremendous advantage that the Democrats have handed to the GOP in the 2014 and 2016 elections.
Hi HMJC. No worries about the train wreck and all. According to Tot we are all going to be dead soon anyway. He is actually looking forward to his
I will say tho, sometimes in times of doubt about the hereafter, I visualize it all as just one very big Thanksgiving Dinner complete with the crying gay uncle in the hall way.
Everybody but them blasted firefighters that Tot don't like.