Help mother reunite with her sons
Last comment by susanne 4 years, 8 months ago.

Take Me To Post Comment Form

I`m a Swedish woman married to an ex Navy man for 26 years goin on 27 years on sept 21st.
I`ve been baned to reenter USA for 3 years. A punishment for overstaying my Visa. A misstake on my behalf for not checking the stamp in my passport.Im baned to be with my family who lives in the States.My husband ex navy and my sons a 23 year old who works and live there,a 9 year old son who goes in school there.MY both sons have dual citizenship. My Young son can`t have his mother by his side and noor can I have him. He needs his Mom and I need him.Why is he being punished along with me?? I NOW stay wit my husbands cousin who lives in Germany and below is her Writing and telling on what has happened.She also sent this to Mr President Obama and many more. Please take the time to read it and Please sign my petiton below`:;

Wife and mother denied re-entry into US due to visa error.

Petition Background

My cousin, a Swedish national, is stranded in Germany! The US of A will not let her back into the country to be with her husband ( A United States Naval Vet) and children after she went to Sweden to get medical treatment! She did not burden the American system, she did not break any laws, she is not a terrorist, yet my country is treating her as if she were an outlaw. If you are married to an American citizen, you should have every right to be be with that person, irregardless of your VISA status. Every American, with the exception of native Indians, was once an immigrant. I understand that there have to be rules, but there also has to be an exception to every rule. Shame on us for depriving a 9 year old of his mother for the next three years. Every country in Europe recognizes marriage and would not separate a mother from her son, a wife from her husband. And to top it off, the American consulate tells her, they are not here to answer questions.
If anyone has any idea about what one should do in a situation like this, please post your comment. I love my cousin dearly, she is always welcome to stay with me in Germany, but I would be so much happier if I knew she was at home in the US with her family, where she belongs. Today, I am not proud to be an American.

from Susanne Lawler a Mom who is lonely and lost.

Latest Activity: Sep 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Bookmark and Share
Forward This Blog
Print Blog
More Blogs by susanne
Send susanne a Message
Report Abuse

Blog has been viewed (1182) times.

up2sumptin commented on Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Sounds like she failed to follow through on her permanent alien status. may question is why? Sounds like there is more to the story.

If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live:

One way is through an Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen

Step 1: File An Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative The US citizen files I-130 petition at a USCIS field office in the United States.

Step 2: Get Immigrant Visa Once the petition is approved go for consular processing at a US consulate in home country and get the immigrant visa.

Step 3: File for EAD (Employment Authorization card)

Step 4: File for Social Security Number at the social security office.

Another way is through the Non-immigrant visa for spouse (K-3 Visa)

The K-3 Visa is a non-immigrant (temporary visiting) visa for a spouse of a U.S. citizen to come to the US, while his/her permanent stay case is still pending. The K-3 visa must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case.

Step 1: File for K3 visa at nearest US consulate ( unmarried Children of spouse, age under 21 can get K4 visa)

Step 2: After coming to USA file for Adjustment of status (AOS) by filing I-485.

Step 3: File for EAD (Employment Authorization card)

Step 4: File for Social Security Number at the social security office.

susanne commented on Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 13:26 PM

I ve had an indefinate visa but due to 9/11 it is no longer valid and laws husband lived with me in Sweden for over 25 years,never got treated like this.we/he desided for us to move back to the US to help and spend time with his now older parents. I have not done anything other than overstaying the visa.thank you for eading this.

up2sumptin commented on Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 13:30 PM

Strange, my friend Rebecca has a permanent visa and married to an American and she has had no trouble.

susanne commented on Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 13:36 PM

well we resently moved to he US 10 month ago and as I wrote I had an indefinate visa but nowbecame invalid dueto new rules therefor this problem..thx for your posted comment. lived in the US in the 80s with my husband and had no trouble coming and going, and when we lived in Sweden I had no problems entering US in many many years.

Log In to post comments.

Powered by
Morris Technology