I don't know just exactly how I managed to post this two times and I don't know how to take one of them down.
I hope the Courier will correct my mistake.
Fellow bloggers I am not advocating that we should vote for the Libertarian on election day. That would play into the hands of the two party lock.
At this point one should vote for the lesser of the two evils on the ballot, based on your individual perspective.
In my case I will proudly cast my vote for Governor Romney.
I may be dense TOT but how are ou going to get other voices heard if you don't vote for them and let the PTB know we want to hear from more that two people regarding the issues?
I'm probably a bit older than you and therefore I'm a little old fashioned.
I'm not certain just what PTB stands for.
If it means powers that be then my answer to your question up2 is this.
We need to be able to vote for them in any primary election if they have simply paid a qualifying fee to a regestered political party.
The only choice is Democrat or Republican.
You or I can qualify for any public office by going to the registrar's office and paying a fee.
But the fee is delivered to the Republican or the Democratic party.
The government foots the bill for holding the election.
The qualifying fee is paid to either of the too parties.
I'm not well educated but I see this as criminal.
"If we want a better world,we have to craft. It it won't happen by itself."
sebekm that is my point.
We need to start here and spread the word.
That is the purpose of this blog.
On this issue I suspect that you and I are in total agreement.
I agree with everything expressed in your comments above.
We the People, in Order to form a more Perfect Union” Been a long time since that was said, and we see how perfect it has turned out. We the people, what does that really mean today? It seems we identify with “we this type of people” of “this type of people”. Not WE the people. TOT was right that most of us stand to the left or the right. We have our own opinions and core values we believe. That is not a bad thing however, the unwillingness to waver has added to the spike that is driven down the middle of our country. The travesty of all of this is that no matter who wins, the status quo is not going to shift too far from where it is right now. We the people have culpability in this; we have the ability to vote, to be part of the human condition, and just maybe care about something more than ourselves. With that said, we need a president that focuses on America. We need a president that puts America first. To be quite frank, I can’t honestly say if either one will do just that. Until the people unite and commit t restoring the pride in our country, it is going to be uphill.
tot. if you want to make a change? Here ya go. I would sign your petition.
Sheran, thank you and I would sign yours also but we should not have to petition to get on the ballot.
Any legally registered political party should be able to put a prospect on the ballot just as the Democratic and Republican party can.
The Democrats and the Republicans refuse to work together for the common good of the nation.
But they worked together to craft this stranglehold on access to the ballot.
None of our members of congress deserve to be reelected.
sebekm you excel in research.
I'm not sure but I think qualifying fees are paid to the parties while the cost of holding the election is paid for by the government.
I may be wrong on this point and I hope I am.
Will you please check into this as I don't know how to do so?
George Washington warned us in his farewell address of the danger of political parties. He called attention to the fact that if we became loyal to a particular party it would be at the cost of less loyalty to the Union itself.
The above statement has been proven to be true even on these blogs.
I am not sure about the fees but I do know the county pays for each election and it is a princely sum of money.
I'm not sure who the fees are paid to.
I do know that you do not have to pledge loyalty to the party under which you qualify.
However there are only two choices either Republican or Democrat.
Iknowyou this blog site is vivid proof that to some of us it is proudly proclaimed which party you support and we equate that to our favorite teams
Nero fiddled while Rome burned down.
There is much fiddling going on in this country at all levels of government.
Here is the answer to the fee question. "Candidate fee is 3% office salary. 75% goes to the party. The remaining 25% goes to the county they qualified in."
Also and this is very important.
In primary elections the voter should be able to vote his choice of a candidate for a particular office and mix his choices from any candidate of any party.
In other words you could vote for some Republicans as well as some Democrats.
And any other political party with proper registration with the Secretary of State.